Happy November, it’s CSS Reboot day. With over 300 participants, there’s a whole lot of fresh pixel goodness to look through. (Some of the sites seem a bit slow, likely due to the traffic.)
As with any project of this sort, people of all different backgrounds and skill levels have contributed. There are a few token efforts, and some feel strangely inspired by others, but overall the bar has been set rather high for this round.
Some of the cream of the crop:
- Personal Development
- Trevor Delamorandiere’s business site. Nice colours, inspired portfolio.
- Lucid Crew
- A design team from the southern States, rocking the grunge look and the Scriptaculous library. (Check the portfolio)
- Cafe Lisa
- I liked the last version, and I love the new look. Although you can put me down as undecided whether the fixed frame works or not, it’s good to experiment and a personal site like this is the ideal place for it.
- Bastiaan Terhorst’s portfolio site. The grid layout and inventive blog format are complemented by strong photographs and a distinct visual style. Great work, probably my favourite of the bunch.
- Great colour scheme from this design and development studio from Ontario.
- There’s just something about Slovenian designer Mitja Ribic’s personal site. Strange layout, odd animated GIF annotation, but it all kind of works. I think.
And plenty more I didn’t have time to go through. Great effort, all.