Can I share something with you?
It’s a bit of a dirty little secret.
So there’s this guy, see, and he created this project. And lots of people liked the project, and he became known for the project. And all was well, except that he was living a lie.
See, his project involved this new-fangled technology that some people like and others don’t and some people are afraid of and others aren’t. But he wasn’t even using this technology himself, except in the ‘bad’ way that he was trying to free everyone else from!
Okay, so there’s only so far I can take the figurative speech. Mezzoblue is now CSS from the top down, with minimal, as - semantic - as - it - gets - while - still - looking - as - good - as - it - does markup. This has been on the backburner for a long time, and should explain the relatively infrequent posting of late.
What, you assumed it was all along? You’re not alone, most did. But it wasn’t. It was as old-school as they come. Have a look, if you don’t believe me.
I’ve fixed some things, broken others, and generally this whole site is in a state of transition right now. You’ll still find some pages on the old code base, but I’m getting around to it. While I can’t exactly claim to be re-designing in public, I am on the hook for a few loose ends yet.
- Fahrner Image Replacement heavy, especially the top header.
- Your load time should be faster; I’ll have to crunch numbers, but I believe I’ve dropped from a 100k+ home page to around 65k — 75k, after considering all the external files. Not quite half, but not too shabby.
- Image improvements here and there. You should be noticing this by now. I’ve solved some of the problems bugging me, and done some close work on the type and alignments.
- XHTML 1.0 Strict. Comments pages won’t be expected to validate, but the rest of the site eventually should pass with flying colours.
- View my source. Go on. Live a little.
- Or view it unstyled.
IE6, Firebird, and Opera 7/Win give me thumbs up, but your mileage may vary. Any nit-picks (especially Mac browsers) should be accompanied by URLs to screenshots, please.
There. One more black spot coming off my record. I’m getting dangerous with this stuff.